ANST - warm temperature fermentation

Kevon at corridor.net Kevon at corridor.net
Mon Jun 22 08:49:12 PDT 1998

If you are paying that much for carbouys, you are paying too much.
Cut an pasted from an on-line catalogue of a local Brew-supply store
(does mail order, but the shipping will kill ya)
5 Gallon Glass Carboy $15.75
6.8 Gallon Glass Carboy $17.75

Your best bet (if ya live in a large city) is to call around to the
water bottling places and see if they bottle in glass.  I did this in
San Antonio and picked up 5 5gal. glass bottles for $8.75 each (about
4 years ago)

Prost!

You Wrote:
As for glass carboys, check your local brewers supply store.  I picked
mine up (5 gal, I use it as a seconday with a plastic primary) for
about
$25 or so.  The 6.5 gallon ones were about $30 IIRC.  That's big
enough
to handle the active primary fermentation without filling the airlock
with all kinds of goop.

Felipé San Juan