ANST - Bottles and Brewing

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Mon Jun 22 10:33:25 PDT 1998

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:15:38 -0500 Keith Hood <jemuga at freewwweb.com>
writes:
>This was posted in response to my lines about using 'goo gone' citric
>acid cleaner.
>
>SCOTT A WAGGONER wrote:
>>

>> Be careful. I use some cleaner that is made of d-limonine and that
stuff
>> will eat through plastic and other things. It is basically orange peel
>> oil. It shouldn't harm glass bottles, but be careful what you get it
on.

>Sorry, but your response isn't really clear to me.  Are you saying the
>'goo gone' will eat through plastic, or that something else will?
>Admittedly I don't remember using it on plastic items, but I haven't
>noticed any problems on anything else.  I've gotten it on my hands many
>times without noticing any ill effects.
>
>Now you've gone and got me all worried. :-)  Please clarify.
>
>	Tomonaga

Clarification:
 Well, the label for Goo Gone reads "NOTE: DO NOT USE ON SILK, WOOL,
LEATHER, VINYL, RUBBER, LATEX. MAY DULL SOME PLASTICS."  and also
"CONTAINS PETROLEUM DISTILLATES".  It doesn't say what the exact
ingredients are.  I suspect the orange smell may be from d-limonine but
it doesn't say.  You can call MAGIC AMERICAN CORP at (800)321-6330 for
more info on this product.

i was, however, referring to a cleaner they call "Techtastic" that is
pure d-limonine. I know (from experience)  it attacks rubber, ABS
plastic, and other things.  Basically, the advice holds for about any
chemical.  Be careful what you get it on.

Scott Waggoner
Mayne de la Croix --- The original MiB
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra

-----Are YOU fighting at TRF this year? Ask me for details-----