ANST - this channel ...

Matthew & Kelly Bowerman arturus1 at gte.net
Tue Jun 23 19:47:19 PDT 1998

thank you for your kind response.  we did not intend to be rude.  we are
somewhat new to the ansteorran baord and were under the impression that it
was for sca discussions.  it was a little disconcerting to have 6 or 7
messages dealing with ds9 and something about apple sauce, etc.  the
e-mails re:brewing, awards, rapier combat, etc. we find interesting and
worth discussion, however it is difficult to delete them out of hand when
they fall under the subject of sca weapons and law, etc.  once again thank
you for your tactful response, we certainly don't want to be jumped on for
a miscommunication.

----------
> From: Laury Torrence <J-LTorrence at worldnet.att.net>
> To: ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: ANST - this channel ...
> Date: Tuesday, June 23, 1998 9:50 AM
>

> > Matthew & Kelly Bowerman wrote:
> >
> > > The Ansteorran board is to discuss SCA topics, not your every whim,
please
> > > utilize E-Mail or other services found throughout the Internet.  The
> > > subjet is SCA weapons and how the justice system effects them!
>
> 'wolf replied:
> > actually it's a SCA *general* topic board setup for the general use of
all
> > ansteorrans (and others) and is well used for that purpose ... it's not
one particular
> > subject, it's a multitude that flow and ebb ...
> > note that like any anarchy, attempting to take over a measure of
controll will
> > not be popular ...  better to suggest or request than to command or
demand

> Ummmm....I rather have to agree with our pal 'wolf!  Sometimes things get
> little silly around here, and *most* of us have agreed that if it gets to
be too
> much, we'll scamper off to private messaging. BUT, that is currently not
the
> case (well except for the DS9 discussion, which I just delete).
> In fact, at this particular moment, there are several threads
going......brewing,
> weapons and the law (which has in fact been pretty much talked out),
awards
> and their bestowal, awards and their meaning.......you get the picture?!
Part of