ANST - this channel ...

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Wed Jun 24 00:14:17 PDT 1998

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:47:19 -0700 "Matthew & Kelly Bowerman"
<arturus1 at gte.net> writes:
>thank you for your kind response.  we did not intend to be rude.  we are
>somewhat new to the ansteorran baord and were under the impression that
it
>was for sca discussions.  it was a little disconcerting to have 6 or 7
messages
dealing with ds9 and something about apple sauce, etc.  the
>e-mails re:brewing, awards, rapier combat, etc. we find interesting and
>worth discussion, however it is difficult to delete them out of hand
when
>they fall under the subject of sca weapons and law, etc.  once again
thank
>you for your tactful response, we certainly don't want to be jumped on
for
>a miscommunication.

OK I'm back after a relaxing evening sitting in a friend's hot tub.
Unfortunately, it is too late to delete my already sent response earlier.
 As I stated in that letter, I have NOT had a good month  and it isnt
looking to get better. I hope everyone will excuse me for venting some
steam.

On the subjects of lists and topics: Yep, we all shoot off on a tangent
with "arcane mundane laws", "DS9" and other things, but it usually drifts
to private Email or just fizzles out once everyone interested puts in
their two-cents. (BTW  I just talked with Raven.  In her DS9 message, she
was addressing the people who had seen the episode and it didn't occur to
her that some people had NOT seen it yet.)   I DO wish people would
correct the subject line when the topic DOES change to a different
subject.  I am getting used to ignoring the subject line (my mailer only
gives me the first couple words of the subject line when it lists the
messages unless i go into the "Search Mail Header" mode which gives me
tons of garbage i dont need.
So a Subject of " Knights and armor with lasers and clown shoes" shows up
as "Knights and arm".   The subjects of Email ettiquette, quoting, spam,
good topics etc keeps getting rehashed, but until EVERYONE does
everything the way everyone else likes it, there will be greif, griping,
and grumping.
Talk to you later

Scott Waggoner
Mayne de la Croix --- The original MiB
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra

-----Are YOU fighting at TRF this year? Ask me for details-----