ANST - Re: Mottos for Cabana Boys (***NOT***) ... grin

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Jun 24 23:32:41 PDT 1998

lest anyone get the entirely *WRONG* idea ....

On 25 Jun 98, at 1:25, Gunnora Hallakarva wrote:

> >'wolf said:
> >easy enough ...
> >what's the latin for "i prefer my cabana boy's duct taped"
>
> Balneatores mei taenia ligatare mallo.
>
> GLOSSARY
> * mallo, malle, malui (3rd conjugation verb) "to prefer" -- mallo (1st
> person singular present tense) "I prefer" * ego, mei (personal pronoun)
> "I" -- mei (1st person possessive pronoun) "my" * balneator, balneatoris
> (3rd declension masculine noun) "cabana boy, bath attendant" * taenia,
> taeniae (1st declension feminine noun) "tape, ribbon" -- taenia (ablative
> of means) "with tape, by means of tape" * ligo, ligare, ligavi, ligatum
> (1st conjugation verb) "to tie, to bind" -- ligatari (3rd person singular
> passive voice infinative) "to be tied"
>
> cc: Stefan li Rous for his Florilegium Files
> Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

the full initial quotation was truncated  .. the origional response was from a request
from someone else who was lost and wanted to know how duct tape, cabana boy's,
and latin motto's all fit together ... so a i took a shot in the dark

actually, truth be told i'm more a irish "cabana-girl" kinda guy ... (duct taped cabana-
girls ??? ... hmmmm, does have potential)

'wolf
... why do i have this horrible feeling that this one will come back to haunt me (g)

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves