ANST - Mottos for Cabana Boys

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Wed Jun 24 23:25:43 PDT 1998

>'wolf said:
>easy enough ...
>what's the latin for "i prefer my cabana boy's duct taped"

Balneatores mei taenia ligatare mallo.

GLOSSARY
* mallo, malle, malui (3rd conjugation verb) "to prefer" -- mallo (1st
person singular present tense) "I prefer"
* ego, mei (personal pronoun) "I" -- mei (1st person possessive pronoun) "my"
* balneator, balneatoris (3rd declension masculine noun) "cabana boy, bath
attendant"
* taenia, taeniae (1st declension feminine noun) "tape, ribbon" -- taenia
(ablative of means) "with tape, by means of tape"
* ligo, ligare, ligavi, ligatum (1st conjugation verb) "to tie, to bind" --
ligatari (3rd person singular passive voice infinative) "to be tied"

cc: Stefan li Rous for his Florilegium Files
Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)