ANST - awards(Deads not Words)

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Sat Jun 27 22:34:32 PDT 1998

On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, debbie andrews <galiena at juno.com> wrote:
> I am sending this privately.

Um, no.  It's a common mistake, though.  At least you didn't write
anything embarrassing!  (Digression: At a previous job, a new
secretary tried to send e-mail to her friend.  She wrote about some
cute guys at the office and similar mild stuff.  Unfortunately, the
first line started "Everyone is nice here", and she started typing on
the "To:" line, and "everyone" was a mailing list for everyone at the
company ...)

> I hate those who send themselves in for one OR have a friend send
> them in.  Sort of "you wash my back I'll wash yours" type of thing.

I disagree with your opinion.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.  FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.  READ AND FOLLOW ALL
PACKAGE DIRECTIONS.  A Mistress Thyra (? in the East?) had a
period-like peerage ceremony.  She has a Viking persona, and did it in
an Icelandic way.  She entered the royal court and filed a lawsuit
against the Crown for failing to recognize the status she deserved.
The Crown allowed the lawsuit, so she called witnesses to testify.
The Crown heard the testimony and made her a peer.  -- Of course, this
was all with pre-arrangement and prior approval of the Crown!  The
order had approved her and so had the Crown; this was just the
installation ceremony.  DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.  FOR EXTERNAL USE
ONLY.

MORE SERIOUsly (sorry about that): I think anyone should be free to
petition the Crown or whoever for redress of any grievance, even to
themselves, and have their case judged on its merits.  Mind you, in
this case most people will just confirm to the Crown that what they
desperately need is banishment.  Most, not all.

As for friends, I should do a letter like that now.  An officer asked
me to write their superior supporting their request for an extension
of their warrant.  I plan to list fairly their good and bad points and
why, on the whole, I support that idea.

Daniel "WHO THE HELL MESSED WITH MY CAPS LOCK Key that's better" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;
if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work address.