ANST - An idea for those with children

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Tue Jun 2 11:03:12 PDT 1998

Genevieve de Courtanvaux wrote:

> As someone who occasionally works with children at events and has one to
> care for of her very own, I do not recommend that a childs name ever be
> attached to them where ANY person can see their name and address them as if
> they know them.

After having sent my previous post, and upon reflecting on your words I
agree.  Perhaps the solution then would be to put the parent's/groups
arms on the front of the favour and all the pertinent info on the back.
Having spent a year with pre-kinder (4-5 yr.olds)and closely helping
with kinder (5-6) I know that often times they have no idea of who they
are. If hurt or scaired all they want is "Mommy or Daddy".  So you ask
them who their parent's are and all they can say is "Mommy /Daddy".  A
favour would help locate said parents/group members.

Also, how many young children at events know their parents SCA AND real
names?  This is something for parents to work on with their children as
well.

Moriel***