ANST - seige engines ... (was: human wyrdness (was cat experiments))

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Jun 3 11:46:23 PDT 1998

On 3 Jun 98, at 9:56, Keith Hood wrote:

> Wolf:
>
> I saw your post about thrill rides with the comment about being shot out
> of a ballista.  It gets worse.
>
> I saw a web site of a guy who obviously has not yet admitted to himself
> that he is mortal -- he built a trebuchet big enough to do a human.
> Himself.  Complete with comfy chair at the business end of the arm.
>
>  Tomonaga

if memory serves, i have that one in my bookmark archive ... of course you've seen the
Northern Exposure episodes about the trebuchet? ... my favorite being the modified
viking funeral (being flung by trebuchet into the lake ...)

many, many moons ago ... a story was related by a person from the Atlanta area.
related a story about a early experiment in trebuchets at a event ... using can's of
industrial peaches (or is that industrial can's of peaches ...g) ... test firing was done on
a sunday ... but downrange, peaches are nowhere to be found ... later in week article
from paper tells of a can of peaches crashing through the roof of a baptist church
during services (manna from heavan? ... if so it's being packaged by Dole these day's).

probably a SCAdian urban myth, but a good story non-the-less

'wolf
... anyone for period "technicals" ... grin