ANST - Re: thrill rides

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Wed Jun 3 19:04:28 PDT 1998

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998 13:07:38 -0600 "j'lynn yeates" <jyeates at bga.com>
writes:
>was hiding from the heat sunday and flipping through the vid' channels
>and landed on the discovery channel (a favored hang out) for a series of

>shows on amusement park "thrill rides".
>
>the one that caught my attention was a riders cage (two passenger)
>connected to two tall towers by bungee cord.  the cage was winched back
until
>the cords were tensioned, then released.
>
>ever wanted to know what it felt like to be shot out of a ballista?
>(g)
>
>'wolf

 This time last year our group of techs when up to Dallas for a two week
training gig, and some guys found a place up there that did that. they
brought back a video of them doing it. It is like reverse bungee jumping.
the seat is anchored to the ground and the bungees are winched up two
adjacent towers and then... SPRONG! they shot up like a rocket. Perfectly
safe, but they nearly filled their pants anyway.......

Mayne de la Croix --- The original MiB
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra