ANST - White Scarves as Peers?

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Jun 16 09:24:17 PDT 1998

On the knighthood-for-White-Scarves issue, I quoted Corpora:
] (a) The candidate must be considered the equal of his or
] her prospective peers with the basic weapons of tournament combat.

Tivar wrote:
> As for the quote from Corpora, I suppose that depends on how you define
> "the basic weapons of tournament combat".

That term is not defined in Corpora as far as I see.  However, I noted
G&PD 5, which says
] Rapier combat, not having been part of formal tournament
] combat in the Middle Ages,
So I conclude that, whatever "the basic weapons of tournament combat"
might be, rapier weapons ain't.

I realize that, as Tivar wrote,
> G&PD #5 is actually intended to prevent rapier combat being used
> in Crown or Coronet tournaments.
I was quoting it just for that anti-definition.

Daniel "I prefer sward and bored -- idly lying beside the field" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.