ANST - SCA weapons and the law

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri Jun 19 23:27:53 PDT 1998

if memory serves, years back read of one of those old almost forgotten laws from
Lousianna (whose law system is based on the Napoleonic Codes and not the
Germanic / Common Law of the rest of the US), that *requires* you to carry a sword if
you are carrying a certain amount of money on your person ... a leftover from the past
that was never removed up to that point.

as an act of protest and civil-disobedience (g), carry wire cutters on my person in
violation of old texas law (still on books???).  anyone who carries a leatherman pocket
tool, with it's wire-cutting capabilities, is technically in violation of texas' anti-wire-cutter
laws ...)  ... so many oddities on the books relating to tools and weapons

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves