ANST - SCA weapons and the law

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Sun Jun 21 23:03:20 PDT 1998

On Sun, 21 Jun 1998 15:13:17 EDT PKieferjr at aol.com writes:

>Here's an old law (now discontinued) that I once heard on "Ripley's
>Believe it or Not" (TV):
>
>When you approach an intersection, you shall stop.  Then, you shall get
out of
>your horseless carriage, walk to the intersection, and shout in both
>directions.  If, after ten seconds, you have heard nothing, you will
then go
>to your carriage and honk your horn.  If, after ten seconds, you have
not
>heard anything, then you will proceed to take your shotgun out, go to
the
>intersection, and fire once into the air.  If, you have not heard
anything,
>and you can see that the way is clear, you may return to your carriage
and
>proceed through the intersection.
>
>Gee.  A lot of work just to get through the intersection.

There's one I heard (cant rememeber the state) that they used to be
required to shoot fireworks from motored vehicles tavelling country roads
at night, it was repealed when one night a farmer got a little over
zealous with the fireworks.
As far as the intercection, remember Dodge City was the location of the
first auto accident (involving the only two cars in town)

Scott Waggoner
Mayne de la Croix --- The original MiB
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra

-----Are YOU fighting at TRF this year? Ask me for details-----