ANST - Squire/Knight relationship

knotwork at juno.com knotwork at juno.com
Mon Jun 29 12:24:46 PDT 1998

While Mistress Gunnora has been invaluable in helping me develop my art,
science, and research skills, she made it clear from the beginning that
part of her job as my Laurel was to teach me the "bearing"  of a peer.
To me, this means that she will provide counsel on how to behave in a
manner befitting a person worthy of a peerage.  So, yes, I believe it is
encumbent upon a peer to see that his/her
squire/apprentice/protogee/student develop their social skills.  These
lessons carry over into a person's daily life, as well. Teaching by
example and gentle confrontation can help smooth the rough edges, and
make life more pleasant for everyone, both within the Society and in
society in general.

Joanna