ANST - Squire/Knight relationship

Tim Lozos dentim at myriad.net
Mon Jun 29 16:47:07 PDT 1998

Greetings!

Ld. Manfred wrote....

>Is it usual for a Peer to address/cover/train inter-personal skills with
their student?

I would hope so! IMHO it's a goodly part of the job (being a knight, that is).

>Obviously, the greatest body of knowledge to be transfered by a Knight is
skill at arms

Not always true. My knight barely teaches me in a traditional (read:
fighting) way. He prefers to let me find my own way with only a few minor
"brush-ups". Most of my training is focused on mental aspects of fighting,
and is done over the phone, or hanging out at an event drinking a beer.  The
other aspects of my training are even more important, and those are what you
termed "inter-personal skills".

I am fortunate to have a knight who has been king four times, and can relate
problems, aspects, solutions,politics, and basic Crown survival skills to
me. One day I hope to put them to good use.

Timo