ANST - long distance apprentices (was squire/knight)

Darryl Arrington strmridr at bunt.com
Tue Jun 30 15:19:36 PDT 1998

RAISYA at aol.com wrote:
<snip>
Or, when the distance between Master

> and >Student precludes any more than momentary instruction or occassional
> meetings?
>
> I can't answer the first part of this, but I have several years experience
> with the second <G>.  I'm apprenticed to a laurel in the Mid-realm, Mistress
> Aleecia, and we only see each other for one week a year, at Pennsic. The rest
> of the year, ...

> <snip>
>
> Raisya Khorivovna

Raisya,

Gotcha beat!  My Master is in Ansteorra, I'm living in Drachenwald, and I've only
seen him three times in the last 7 years.  Works out well though - he gives me
hints and tips and I provide transportation and lodging on his trips here to
Europe.  I'd call that a fair exchange, except I'm still getting the best end of
the bargain...

Thorgrim
"Vacationing" in Drachenwald for Uncle Samgrim