ANST - remove

Sun Mar 8 05:13:54 PST 1998

> Btw, I am already working on SPAM filters, but they are very difficult
> to do right so that valid email still works.

The best SPAM filter is the delete key.  SPAM is direct mail with a
vengeance and anyone who has been in the marketing business will tell you
that the sale normally isn't made until the fourth or fifth cold call, so
when you say no, it's an invitation to come back.

Personally, I follow a simple policy.  I conduct no business over the
telephone or the Internet unless I initiate it.  Cold calls of any sort are
and invasion of my privacy, and are treated as such.

> I apologize for the inconviences this causes to everyone, but it's
> something we are going to have to tolerate from time to time.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Phelim "Pug" Gervase  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is
> something
> Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |  graceful about that lady. A young woman bursting
> with
> House Flaming Dog     |  vigor. She blinked at the sudden light. She
> writes
> pug at pug.net           |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"

Thank you, Pug.

Bear