ANST - ANST-Alcohol Traditions

Carl Chipman cchipman at ionet.net
Fri May 1 22:03:17 PDT 1998

A brewing friend of mine was telling me a little bout mongol customs, where the first round (batch?) of mare's milk was taken and put in a goat (?) skin and hung by the door of the yurt.  As the members of the yurt walked in and out they would whack the goat skin and it would help ferment the milk into a drinkable (? taking this on their word :-)  ) alcoholic beverage.

If anyone can amplify this (including the person who first told it to me) please do so.

Jean Paul
Forgetful Rapier Marshall of Mooneschadowe  :-)

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.
http://www.nomadics.com

<<snippage bout the sweinbrothars>>