ANST - Dry sites will annoy the chemically dependent

Nathan W. Jones njones at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 3 10:02:49 PDT 1998

Evan Paul Langlinais wrote:

> Anywho, I'll apologize to anyone who was offended.  I've been using that little
BUAG in
> newsgroups and mailing lists for years, and I've never gotten anything but
"LOL" replies.

> It's sad that the group which I joined because they seemed to be much more
open-minded than
> your average folks turns out to have so many people who are so easily offended.

I admit to being  confused about it when you posted it.  Now that I kinda sorta
understand the origin of it, I still find it horribly tacky.  I think it's a
question of suitability for your audience rather than whether we are open minded
enough to be able to handle the casual treatment of Hitler and Nazi iconography
abruptly inserted into a thread.

And, for the record, I am generally not easily offended.  However, by this I was.

Ld. Giovanni di Cellini
Northkeep.