ANST - templars ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri May 8 07:31:37 PDT 1998

On  7 May 98 at 16:06, Rick Wynne wrote:

>  I for one encourage religious freedom (I am a templar moderate
> *grin*), and find that the many Pagans of An Tir who overcome their
> initial discomfort over my persona come to find me fair and just in
> my opinions and dealings. (By the way, the Templars *never* burned
> any heretics-do not believe popular myth and even had friends among
> the Saracens in Outremer).

though many were burned by their church and former masters ...

being a historian by training, and follower of things in the realms
of "comparative religions" ... if memory serves, the templers came
back from the middle east a entirely different order than when they
left ... to a point that the church, in fear of their new unorthadoxy
and eastern occult leanings (not to mention their new commercial
power), finally rallied enough support to attempt to eradicate them
... which only drove them (and their knowledge) underground, to be
perpetuated and passed down by several "secret societies"  ... most
notable being the masonic orders (that perpetuated that knowledge and
spread it in europe and into the new world ...)

pattern sounds real familiar and reminds one that the "church"
persecuted their own as well as those native cultures that they
"conquered" ... should be several good lessons in there somewhere.

'wolf

... carpe ichthae