ANST - Request for information on Centurion of the Sable Star Award

Cameron Lewis camlewis at swbell.net
Sun May 17 23:05:18 PDT 1998

Sir Alrek here writing under my own account

peerage1 wrote:

> I'm a scribe who was given a slew of preprinted scrolls to paint up, and
> i came across one scroll which has the text with: Companion to the Order
> of the Centurion Sable Star?? of Ansteorra in the calligraphy.  Can't
> find reference to that in listing of the awards/honors in Ansteorra,
> closest thing i can find is the Sable Falcon?

This is the newest fighting award for Ansteorra.  It is a grant level
award for Excellence in fighting.

> Device shown on a shield held by the little man in the drawing, (in
> english), shows a bird with a black star centered in it's breast.
> Now, i'd be happy to finishing painting this, IF someone would please
> inform me of what the blazon of this device is.  And yes, i can read a
> heraldic blazon, if i drink enough coffee and take enough aspirin.
>
> Mistress Rayah bint Yousef Blackstar

Mistress Rayah as a member of the order of the Centurions of the Sable
Star and a friend of the person who made the original charter (Misstress
Anastacia Maria Travarra) I will tell you that the awards have in the
past been painted with the likeness of the recipient.  From the long
golden hair of Tarl, to the grin of Alrek, to the rosey cheeks of
Alicia, the painter has tried to capture the recipient's likeness (mine
even has striped tights and ruffs).  If you know a member of the order
who does not have a scroll yet...there are lots who don't...I am sure
they would love for you to paint them one

HINT HINT HINT

Thank you,

Sir Alrek Kanin
Order of the Centurions of the Sable Star of Ansteorra