ANST - Dehydration

Cougar!! cougar17 at swbell.net
Thu May 21 05:05:39 PDT 1998

After re-reading yor post, I know what they are saying. Electrolyte
molecules are larger, and difuse into the tissues at a slower rate. This
is called a Colloid solution, whereas water is a more isotonic solution,
or Crystalliod soultion, and will osmos at a higher rate. The powerade I
bring, is to PREVENT the dehydration from occuring in the first place.
It is in powder form, and can therefore be served at a higher dilution
with water, than pre-made stuff. But you are right, in an EMERGENCY
situation, salt water should be infused first, until the tissues are
re-hydrated. I was not originaly posting about someone who is at an
"Emergency" level of dehydration. Sorry...just woke up, and I'm NOT a
morning person!! :) :)

						Cougar!!