ANST - PR and Image

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Thu May 21 13:00:30 PDT 1998

>Whereas emotion is a human trait as evidenced by Sir Kief's statement,
> I beg you all please end this tread.  It is destructive and
>disillusioning to members of our fair society who read this Net.  Not
>to mention an opportunity to invite a lawsuit.  Regardless of the
>facts of the case The SCA would be tried in the courts of public
>opinion.  As a member of the Broadcasting community (Marketing
>Director of CBS/KHOU-TV) I have seen organizations WIPED OUT from this
>type of "trial".
>
>As an aside, please consider how it looks to those SCAer who do not
>know much of the SCA yet.  I am not saying we should white-wash just
>use caution and discretion.
>
>Modius

Perhaps you are right, perhaps not. If someone new to the SCA runs into
someone like Kief's description of Count Sutan, what kind of an
impression are they going to get of our Society? And consider the fact
that this person is a member of the "royal family" - someone who
supposedly represents what we are all hoping and striving to be - what
kind of image does that portray of us? Kief has said that Sutan does not
represent him - nor from what I have heard, do I want Sutan to represent
me. (note- I have never met the man, so I can only go by what I "hear".
My opinion is subject to change based on further information - both
direct and indirect.) Please consider this as well when you ask people
to not publicly disassociate themselves from people who exihibit
"questionable behavior".

Lady Catriona Rowley