ANST - PR and Image

Sandy M Koenig ravensmk at juno.com
Fri May 22 15:34:46 PDT 1998

On Thu, 21 May 1998 13:00:30 PDT "Mary Temple" <noxcat at hotmail.com>
writes:

>>Whereas emotion is a human trait as evidenced by Sir Kief's
>statement,
>> I beg you all please end this tread.  It is destructive and
>>disillusioning to members of our fair society who read this Net.  Not
>>to mention an opportunity to invite a lawsuit.  Regardless of the
>>facts of the case The SCA would be tried in the courts of public
>>opinion.  As a member of the Broadcasting community (Marketing
>>Director of CBS/KHOU-TV) I have seen organizations WIPED OUT from
>this
>>type of "trial".
>>
>>As an aside, please consider how it looks to those SCAer who do not
>>know much of the SCA yet.  I am not saying we should white-wash just
>>use caution and discretion.
>>
>>Modius
>
>Perhaps you are right, perhaps not. If someone new to the SCA runs
>into
>someone like Kief's description of Count Sutan, what kind of an
>impression are they going to get of our Society?

While it is true that a new person may get a bad impression, a woman
would want to know if a man was potentially dangerous, at least I would,
and I would be open-minded enough not to think that a whole organization
would be like that.  All we can hope for is that most people are
open-minded, and try to keep women and children safe.  What kind of
impression
would a person get if they were not warned and found
out the hard way

And consider the fact