ANST - This forum...

David Backlin dbackli at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 12:11:28 PDT 1998

Well said!!

---Sharon Palkowetz <vivaine at flash.net> wrote:

> Thinking on the best way to say this, I believe that some have taken
advantage of an incredible vehicle for distributing information to
masses with a little less responsibility that a forum, such as this,
requires.

> There are systems in place for handling difficult situations and
people, but what I have seen here, are virtual witch hunts. Lets not
take on the verbal vigilante position, but take a higher road.
Everyone loves gossip, but something such as net lists, are a paper
trail, and can cause damage beyond repair.  Even if the person(s) in
question, deserve such flogging, there are better ways to handle it,
and these people will get what is coming to them. In only one
instance, have I even seen the person in question be able to come to
this forum and defend themselves, and quite frankly, there should not
even be a need to.  Besides, what you say here, also reflects on your
own person as well.

> I am not taking the holier-than-thou position, I am just prompting
the question: Are you using this media opportunity wisely, with
responsibility, and representing the SCA in a positive light.

==
Ld. Edrei the Quiet                      mka Dave Backlin
Merchant & Adventurer                    Ad/ PR Student
Shire-March of the Grimfells             University of Arkansas
Kingdom of Calontir                      Fayettveille, AR

                      dbackli at yahoo.com