ANST - Court of Public Opinion

Houghton, Kevon Kevon_Houghton at Dell.com
Tue May 26 10:49:52 PDT 1998

I agree.  I hope that everyone does seek out the facts before making
their minds up on anything, but before they are able to make up their
minds, they have to know that a situation exists.  And, mind you, I am
speaking in the general now, not the specific.  I have said what I said
about the specific and will say no more.  I will also say, to those who
have made accusations towards my intentions, I am not condoning, calling
for, or instigating a "lynch mob" (yes someone said that to me)  I
merely wanted to give information to people who asked for it, and
receive information from anyone who had any.  I apologize to anyone who
read the message and was caused undue stress, that was not the intention
of the message.  I have learned something from this, for the most part,
people cannot take in information without immediately reacting
emotionally, and had I known that I more than likely would not have used
this forum to disseminate the information.  In the words of the great
Jack Nicholson "You want the truth?  You can't handle the truth!"  I am
not making accusations, nor implying guilt.  I believe what I believe,
but will not attempt to make anyone else feel the same way.  If ANYONE
has anything more to say about this, PLEASE take it to private e-mail
which is what I asked for in the first place.  It is not my goal to drag
someone's reputation through the mud.

To those who stand up for the accused, I applaud you, I would do the
same if I were in your shoes, but before passing judgment, again I beg
of you, get the facts.  Again, I would say that anyone should do this in
any situation, for Sutan, the case I mentioned, or any other time you
may hear of anything similar.  We may seek to re-enact the middle ages,
but we do not need to re-enact their ignorance, superstitions, and
prejudice.