ANST - judgment? judgement?

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed May 27 11:21:25 PDT 1998

Aw, geez. Haven't several folk already said that posting stuff like this is
a bad idea? Anyone else want to throw fuel on the fire?

first Branwen writes:
<snip>
>> Now that I have this off my chest, I will not post on this subject
>> again.

Hope your relief was worth it. Branwen, considering that *no one* had, up
to this point, said *who* the alleged victim was, most of us did not know.
Did you stop for a moment to consider how his lady would feel about your
making it public knowlege *who* was being talked about?

Then Elyas MacCrae pipes up and asks us to "take Branwen's words to heart"
and unfortunately posts this information in it's entirety all over again.
Does the saying "shooting oneself in the foot" come to anyone else's mind?

Is the fact that airing this kind of thing in a public forum is a
*Less-Than-a-Good-Idea* beginning to sink into some heads out there?

Could we please return to non-gossip mode on the list now? Or does someone
else want to take the stage and chew on their ankle in front of us all for
a while?

Aquilanne