ANST - Protocol..how to sign your formal letters (grin)

nib nib at flash.net
Wed May 27 18:57:55 PDT 1998

You always address  with the highest title...that's the one that get's
you totally out of trouble- in order of precedence as per awards.  If
someone is a Duke, Knight, Master..it's Your Grace for casual useage. In
court it would be Duke Sir Master blah, blah.
Common addresses for signing of your name in a formal letter is by
initials of the awards.  You list them in order of descending order from
the highest down to the lowest.
Examples:
 O.L.-order of laurel
 O.P- order of the pelican
 K.S.C.A-knight of society of creative anachronism
 A.O.A- award of arms

FOR YOUR  AMUSEMENT: A slew of award initials is called an "alphabet
soup" in *society slang*.

example:
Rayah Blackstar O.L., O.D.H, O.S.C., O.W., O.Q.F., O.G.A., O.S., A.P.F.,
A.O.A, O.G.P, O.S.C. blah blah blah...(*vegetable soup!!!)