ANST - Ansteorran Count In Meridies

knotwork at juno.com knotwork at juno.com
Tue May 19 10:03:26 PDT 1998

I would urge the Meridies people to check the Ansteorra OP and see if
this guy really _is_ a count.  It sounds kind of like what I call the
"false knight syndrome," wherein a fringe player moves to another part of
the country and tries to claim rank s/he doesn't have.  We had this
happen with a lady "knight" in Bonwicke 15 years ago, and everyone was
too polite not to take her word for it.  I have heard of three or four
such incidents since then.

I doubt that anyone can reach such a high level of attainment without
_any_ record of their existence in the OP of their home kingdom.
Insensitivity to the customs of the kingdom in which one is playing is
unacceptable.  Being polite is one thing, letting someone ruin our good
name by claiming to be something they aren't is another.  Check him out.

Joanna