ANST - Interesting notion

DAFPIG at aol.com DAFPIG at aol.com
Thu Nov 5 08:25:58 PST 1998

<<
 Honos Servio,
 Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
 (mka Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)
 zarlor at acm.org

 "A soldier uses arms merely with skill, whereas a knight uses them
 with virtuous intention. Mercenaries may be excellent soldiers; but
 an action which may be praised in a soldier may be blamed in a
 knight. For a soldier, the goal is victory: for the knight, since he
 is ready to go, if necessary, to certain destruction, the goal is
 honor."   - Pomponio Torelli, 1596.