ANST - Re: BG - Tourney d'Amore

PotterKD at aol.com PotterKD at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 08:22:02 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/5/1998 12:29:39 AM Central Standard Time, weed at sage.net
writes:

<< Don Ansgar wrote:

>>> You know, I think it's sad that evidently no rapier fighter that was there
 and expressed complaint about the barrier idea has stepped up to answer
 the question of why.  I've read 3 people's ideas of why there might hve
 been objections but none of them were there evidently.

Greetings,

I will admit I tend to lurk - I must also admit I was one of the fighters who
was at this event and did not wish to use the barrier.  I can atest that it
had nothing to do with winning...and am slightly saddened that that is where
most people have jumped to conclusions.

It had to do in part of what Ritter Dieterich had mentioned - it seemed
inappropriate to fight in such a style since that this not what the barrier
was used for in period.

Aside from this -- the light was failing very quickly since the chivalric
lasted most of the day.  The final round of the second tournament between Don
Eisen and Lord Otto was fought in so little light that Don Eisen pushed back
his visor so that he could see.

The length of the chivalric tournament was no ones fault -- it was a new event
and who new that two tournaments of only four fights per person would take so
long.  In fact, I hope to see it occur every year on Halloween - I have not
had that much fun in a long time.

Maybe it was also due to the strangeness of the barrier - I will not say that
that may have not played a part in my decision....but at no time did it have
anything to do with not being able to win.

Lastly - I apologize to Her Excellency - she did not see to be to troubled at
the time and if we had offended her I for one will ask for her forgiveness
next time I see her.

Learning to serve the dream,

Kayleigh Drake