ANST - Disgruntled Pre-Seventeenth Century Laborers Union, Local 153

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Tue Nov 10 15:10:21 PST 1998

On 10 Nov 98, at 14:16, Azrael wrote:

> I am working on a repeating (10 shot) ballista for gulf this year....I
> could really use some help with the bolts though...the design i am using
> is very close to the tips used on fiberglass spears. tennis balls just hit
> way too hard out of this thing. Any suggestions on speeding up the
> process?...each bolt is taking about 3 hours to build...and the ballista
> can put 6 in the air at once.. so you see my dilemma<G>

suggestion ... the tom sawyer approach

invite your friends over some weekend for a work-party ... have plenty of
supplies on hand, crank the tunes, then feed and beer them after the work
period is done.  amzing how many of the people you know will work for food
& beer ... often repeatedly (especially once properly trained ... grin)

this one has been saving up his 15+ year collection of work karma claim
checks to spring on those who owe me for the planned remodel/expansion
of the hall  ... there's a certain legendary viscount/knight who owes me to
the point that he's going to be slaving frequently (saving him for the
concrete demolition and heavy framing i think ... once again, proper
organization and marshalling of available resources wins the war)

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves