ANST - Disgruntled (but getting motivated) 16th Century Laborers Union, Local 153.

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Nov 11 09:40:16 PST 1998

> What is the rise and run and width of an acceptable ramp?
> How many do you want, and will you take responsibility for transporting
> them, or seeing that they are transported?

I would like to see if the archers who go to the War could get together
and transport a few. We'll have to check the dimensions of the wall when
we go to Meredies next week. I would hope the width to be about three foot
or so with no more than a 45 degree angle. A shield to either side to protect
the people pushing up the ramps would also help and could give archers cover
as the ramps advanced.

> I do not about Ballistas, I would hate to bear the liability of turning
> Engines over to others' without supervision, though I would love to
> participate in the efforts of any Company endeavoring to field Engines.

This is true. All engine crews should be trained in the use of the engine.
I don't want someone who "thinks they know how it works" to start fiddling
with one and wind up hurting themselves or someone else.

Consider this an order, folks.

> How many pavases would you like, Your Princeness? How big? How heavy must
> they be, or can they be light in weight? Bright yellow with big black
> stars?

As many as we can get. Pavases can be used to not only protect archers but
to allow troops to be closer for a rush or to assault the gate or ramps.
They should be at least six foot high and four foot wide. They should have
a brace to keep them upright and possibly a couple of wheels for easy transport.
They don't have to be more than 1/4" plywood.

> Ditto for Armadillos. Send me a picture and tell me how many you want.

Um, I don't think I can help you there. And considering the last War Armadillo
fell like its true Texas counterpart I'm unsure as to its effectiveness in the
War. Sure was cute though.

> We of the Disgruntled Sixteenth Century Laborers Union, Local 153, prefer
> to not be referred to as louts-
> It is like a small plan, it lacks the power to stir our souls.

Hey, get us some enginens and pavasses and I'll declare you Premier craftsmen,
official Engineers to the Crown of Ansteorra. Does that stir a little more?

> -0zymandias Breakstock

Yours,

Gunthar
Princeps Ansteorrae