ANST - Disgruntled (but getting motivated) 16th Century Laborers Union, Local 153.

blackwolf blackwolf at technoronin.com
Wed Nov 11 11:56:53 PST 1998

On 11 Nov 98, at 11:40, Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> > What is the rise and run and width of an acceptable ramp?

> ... I would hope the width to be about three foot or so with no
> more than a 45 degree angle

at 45 degree's, would'nt that more properly be "siege stairs" (g) ...
suggestion, for a ramp that people have to walk up safely 30 degress
should be about maximum

design suggestion ... open framework on wheels that could be assembled
on site, with pavasses (sp?) front and sides ... with crew inside to push it
forward ... more of a ramped "tower", but i seem to remember seeing
something like that in a siege engineer text somewhere down the line.

for that matter you need some sort of railing anyway (reasonable if over 3
feet tall) ... add similar protection side and top to protect beaching forces
("the bridges of ansteorra county") ... could be clever and design so that
the field pavasse's could fit into this engine when needed

hint: drape outside with "wet leather" (burlap sacking) so the enemy can't
get creative and tie a few red streamers to their ballista bolts / archery
arrows to calin "burnning" your engine / defensive pavasse's

and for pure humour sake ... why not add a snout, beady eye's, and tail

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves