ANST - Combat archers

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Wed Nov 11 19:28:37 PST 1998

On 11 Nov 98,, Octavia wrote:

> We
> need experince here. However,I don't like running with other archers.  No
> matter how much more effective everyone tells me I would be, I just don't
> like timing my shots to someone elses. Some archers work very well
> together, some don't.

Even so, I don't think that precludes having multiple archers in one
unit., they will just need to work more independently of one
another. Like the spears, both working together and working
independently (but sill in coordination with the team as a whole)
are valid. Besides, Octavia, you constitute a team of archers all by
yourself. I doubt an other team of 2 archers who DO work together,
if they were added to your unit, would get in your way.

OTOH, it's not like we have so many archers that we cant find a
place to put them all. If an archer prefers to be the only one on a
team I think we still have the luxury of accommodating them.

The real problem is finding someone to command that team. To
recruit, get people to the practices, train them, set up exercises.
One or two practices with the team won't do it, we need a lot more
than that. They need they experience to do all that, but they also
must be willing to commit to working with that hunter team.
Sounds like we need training for those commanders too.

Doré