ANST - Combat archers

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 12 08:46:37 PST 1998

> From my limited experience archers trying to take out engines is a wast of
> arrows if the engine is protected, shooting at other archers that have a
> shield man with them is also a wast of arrows. (shot at Talon 6 time with a
> shild man blocking each one)

Okay, this is why I was suggesting having small GROUPS of archers instead of
one or two. Yes, an archer shooting at another archer with a shieldman protecting
them will not have a good chance of getting a kill. But 5 archers shooting will
have a much better chance of taking out that protected archer. Same goes for
engine crews although I don't think archers would have many opportunities to
attack engine crews. We usually just hunker down and wait until they run out
of ammo or a sally force tries to take one out.

> We need training as units.

Yes, we do. This is why I want archers at all the War Practices.

Also, we're going to see if there will be a target shoot war point as well.
This is something that will be discussed next weekend in Meredies.

> Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra

Yours,

Gunthar