ANST - Combat archers

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Thu Nov 12 16:50:33 PST 1998

We (at Middleford) have tried two three and four archers shooting at one
"fighter" who was watching us and have found it hard to score hits on one
fighter (no shield) if they are looking at the group.

>Okay, this is why I was suggesting having small GROUPS of archers instead of
>one or two. Yes, an archer shooting at another archer with a shieldman
protecting
>them will not have a good chance of getting a kill. But 5 archers shooting will
>have a much better chance of taking out that protected archer. Same goes for
>engine crews although I don't think archers would have many opportunities to
>attack engine crews. We usually just hunker down and wait until they run out
>of ammo or a sally force tries to take one out.

I will be at the War Practices that my work allowes, even if I can't make
the War.

>Yes, we do. This is why I want archers at all the War Practices.

They had a target archery war point last year, don't know about befor then.
I would like to see some thing other than a Royal Round though. Just my thing.

>Also, we're going to see if there will be a target shoot war point as well.
>This is something that will be discussed next weekend in Meredies.
>Yours,
>
>Gunthar
Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra