ANST - To hit or not to hit Combat Archers

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Tue Nov 24 08:50:49 PST 1998

Azrael wrote:

>  While I am on my soap box......why not have the same discussion about siege
> engineers?...why should they be non combatants since most of them can't
> fight back? If all that you are worried about is getting even with someone
> who shot you..then siege engineers are even easier pickings than archers.
> Hell they usually dont run very fast.. and are more or less rooted to one
> spot..who could ask for more?

At Gulf War V we, the catapault crew, had the choice of being combatant
or NON combatants.  Two on the crew chose NON, Lady Melisenda and myself
chose to BE combatants.  Once the front gate was opened and our troops
were through we quit firing and took our glaives and went to the outside
wall to "have some fun".  The other two ladies  watched from afar.  Had
the enemy lines gotten close enough to the catapault we had decided that
Melisenda na dI would "try" to hold the other fighters off while the two
NONs got off the field.

Moriel***

PS  Thistle missles leave one heck of a bruise.  Took a shot to the hand
at GW V.  Bruised right through a pair of leather gauntlets and gloves.
OUCH!!