ANST - To hit or not to hit Combat Archers

Larkin O'Kane [AKA Charlie Cain] larkin at webstar.net
Tue Nov 24 14:40:21 PST 1998

On 24 Nov 98, at 11:15, Merrik Viltar Har wrote:

> I put on armor and play this game to do weapon to weapon combat and, to be
> simply honest, falling to an archer is no *&%#$*! fun, AND I do this for
> FUN. Almost every archer who hears me say it is no fun responds by saying
> it is Historical.

What a difference a couple of letters make. Are you sure they weren't
saying hysterical? <gr>

> If we are going to be 'Historical', there were NO - NON-COMBATANT Archers.

Interesting!!  I wonder how many others only have fun by hitting other
people?  It's no *&%#$*! fun being hit in the solar plexus with a fiberglass
spear. [let's outlaw spears]  It's no *&%#$*! fun being hit on the shoulders
by a great-sword either [let's outlaw great-swords]  It's no*&%#$*! fun
being hit with a sword [let's outlaw swords]...   Gee, I wonder where the fun
went!!!!

Larkin O'Kane      | I will not purposely offend anyone in a public venue.
If this post offends you, please contact me privately at larkin at webstar.net

What is a Don?
I have named this man a White Scarf, and in swashbuckling,
when he says jumb across a lake, you jump that lake.
					King Lloyd von Eaker