Fw: ANST - To hit or not to hit Combat Archers

Azrael Azrael at cyber-wizard.com
Tue Nov 24 15:30:34 PST 1998

> > In tourney your stuck fighting this guy in front of you.... in
> a war  if he
> > won't take your best shot, move down the line, the next guy might be a
> > little more honorable.
> >
> > Even though this is off the subject of Combat archers it is
> leading back to
> > it. If an archer refuses to be called dead, then he puts all archers in
> > danger of being struck.
>
> This makes me wonder if you would hit the next non-archery opponent harder
> because the previous opponent didn't call a good shot. If this is not the
> case, why would you hit the next archer because the previous one
> refused to
> be called dead?

That my friend is what I REALLY hate about Rhinos!! If I hit the fighter
next to you with a good shot and he doesnt call it..then I can and will
crank it up. The point to this is that you... total innocent and willing to
acknowledge a standard killing blow, are not going to get the benifit of the
doubt. I will more than likely hit you just as hard as I HAD to hit him,
just because its very hard to come back down once you have gotten jacked up
that far. I have on more than one occasion had the breath knocked out of me
by a spearman who could not get the guy in the shield wall next to me to
call a shot. I know this speaks of a lack of control, but we are only human
and in the heat of battle, sometimes its very easy to lump everyone
together.