ANST - Combat archers

DAFPIG at aol.com DAFPIG at aol.com
Wed Nov 11 17:14:14 PST 1998

<<<< "And the engagement rule is now 15' for both bows and crossbows. This is
the same rule as for Gulf Wars."
 So why 30' instead of 15'?
  Merrik Viltar Har
 Northkeep Knight Marshal>>>>

Greetings,

I'll give you my reason why I like to shoot further out than 15ft.  In a busy
melee situation, it can become very HARD to determine exactly how far 15ft is.
I have on occasion, shot folks closer than 15ft...usually they were coming at
me and I was unable to judge their speed/distance correctly.  It happens, but
I hate to do it.
Most time the engaging shield wall will be about 10ft from your front line,
you'll be about 5 ft back..give another 5 for the spearmen behind the wall and
about another 10 or 15 for the comanders...thus your enemy comanders and dukes
ect.. will be roughly 30ft from you..thus 30ft spear<g>  These are the
fighters we are suppose to be elminating first. lol..... of course, I'll shoot
anyone that grabs  my attention regardless of who they are :)

Octavia
Ps.  I hate to have people tell me who to shoot.  Alot of the time the shot
"isn't there".