ANST - Re: Ansteorran Academy of the Courtier

Gail P. Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Wed Nov 18 07:39:55 PST 1998

I am glad that Pug posted this clarification.  I read the first post, substituted
"feathers and doublets and big clunky boots" for the references to wode and
Vikings and newbies...and groaned.  Let me assure you that the way it sounded is
not the feelings of myself, the event organizers or anyone else whom I know who
attended this event.

Let me emphasize once more that event was extremely fun.  I believe that the
atmosphere was also quite friendly.  We actually DID have a bunch of first time
newcomers...many of those who work at the horse farm or board horses there, as
well as the owners of the farm, attended dressed up in various conglomerations of
garb and seemed to have a blast.  They took the classes, interacted with us, and
spoke excitedly about having future events at their beautiful site; I don't
believe that this would have been the case if the atmosphere had not been friendly
and upbeat.

I would like to assure everyone that most of those at the event that the
organizers and those of us who taught classes actually wished that more people had
been able to attend, no matter their age in the SCA, no matter their choice of
times/places, no matter their usual choice of SCA activities, and no matter what
they chose to wear.  I saw no snobbishness or ill will between people.

Ly. Isobel Grace Hadleigh
Cadet to Don Kazimir
Bjornsborg, Ansteorra