ANST - Combat Archery

nolen dale fairborn at swbell.net
Thu Nov 19 20:18:23 PST 1998

RLPortwood at aol.com wrote:

> <<
>  Since you brought up the war. Did the archers like having an actual
>  commander? Did you feel you became more effective with me yelling
>  at you and pointing out targets?
>
>  I felt the archers became a force to be reckoned with towards the
>  last couple of engagements. If you guys liked that we can work on
>  refining the strategies and I need you to start getting more archers
>  in armor. I promise I can build a feared, effective archer force.
>   >>
> 3-Kings was great!  I had a great time shooting at all the targets.  A
> commander is a good thing if things go well and if people listen to him.  I am
> as guilty as any of getting caught up in the battle's fury and for me being a
> "Seljuk" is a rush.  I understand others are not as mobile or do not wish to
> be.  For them, your idea and your plan has great promise.  For those of us who
> play the "Seljuk" game, instructions, directions, target assignments, etc.
> could easily administered before the battle begins.  The stick-jock in me
> still wants to be in the middle of the fray and not on the outskirts shooting
> in.
>
> In Service,
> Baron Vallust
from a person who marshalled at three kings and planned the scenarios
the concentrated archery fire at specific targets had a great impact. I
think gunther's idea of hunter groups in close support with other units
will make a reall difference in the effectiveness of archery in field
melee's
Richard Fairbourne
You like three kings this year, just wait till next year!