ANST - To hit or not to hit Combat Archers

DAFPIG at aol.com DAFPIG at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 05:35:29 PST 1998

Greetings,

On the subject of wether or not we should be a full combat or touch kill
group.

 My personal opinion is, If we can hit them, they should be able to hit us.

In the 8 years I've been doing this, I have never been hit very hard,  The
only "hard" shots I was given were well in the confines of an "easy' shot and
were givin in the helm.  Most fighters will just touch you even during a
"full" contact game.  They tend to like the fact that archers can be killed
the same way as they can be.  Kinda evens it out alittle for them.  It is very
fustrating for the fighter to be hit, over and over again by a most time,
unseen arrow, Then not to be able to be able to throw a blow at the offending
archer.

We have to be aware that WE are responsible for our toys, If you become
worried that our bows will be struck...yeild!. If you don't, your taking the
same risk as everyone else..an accidental blow.  Again in all the years I've
played, My bow has never been hit.

We , combat archers, MUST realize that we are first and formost, Aromored
Fighters. period.  We are fully armored, we take a fully functional weapon
onto the field, we must be able to take a blow or yield, like everyone else
out there.  Yes, watch out for the bows, but they are OUR responsiblity, not
the other fighters,  They will not hit your weapon if it's not were they can
hit it.   If we think a situation is going to be to hairy and our bows will be
hit, Yield!  Or if you see fighters coming at you and yoiu can't excape,
Don't throw your weapons up to defend yourself from the blow...I've seen some
archers do this.  Of course, your weapon runs the chance of getting hit if you
do that!!

We have enough rules in our game as it is,  I beleive that it is not more
rules we need but to teach new (and Old) fighters and archers, how to play on
the meele field that has combat archery.

Octavia
An Ansteorra Heavy Fighter first,
Combat archer by chance