ANST - What can you teach in Ansteorra? PLEASE REPLY OFF THE LIST!

Rikki Mitman esmitman at ghg.net
Mon Nov 30 10:46:46 PST 1998

Greetings, all:

If I am duplicating an existing effort, I hope someone will gently tell me so, and let me know how I may lend assistance. Otherwise, I will take this ball and run with it (hopefully without being too annoying about it). Oh, and please pardon the cross-posting. I'm hoping to get LOTS of teachers.  ;-}

I want to encourage the offering of a class or two of some kind at every event, not just the big A&S colleges. To that end, I am collecting information on people who will teach classes on any period subject (arts, sciences, martial) within Ansteorra, and entering it into an Access97 database. Once I have the database built, I will begin working with event stewards to schedule classes.

If you know enough about something to teach a class on it, please consider volunteering. Send me the information requested below (which I will not release to others without your express permission).

When it appears that there is an opportunity for you to teach at an upcoming event, I will contact you to find out whether you're available, and if so, put you in touch with the steward so that you can finalize arrangements more directly.

***Please remember to reply to me, and not to the list.***

Thank you very much,

Mistress Teleri ferch Pawl
Barony of the Stargate
Ansteorra

Title
SCA name
Modern name
Address
City, state, zip
Phone
Email address
Home group (barony, shire, canton, college)
Areas you will travel to
Class description (include level --beginning, intermediate, advanced, all)
Materials fee, if any (please indicate clearly whether or not there is a fee)
Whether you require indoor space, electricity, running water, tables and chairs, a kitchen or "other" facilities, indicating what "other" is.

If there are restrictions (limited class size, for example), please note those as well.