ANST - Sumptuary Laws Elsewhere

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Tue Oct 20 18:55:43 PDT 1998

On 20 Oct 98, at 18:25, MofLGM at aol.com wrote:

> Several years ago ...
>
> .. body of story trimmed
>
> squire.  The Knight apparently agreed with this argument and thence
> proceded to call the young lady out of the kitchen and severely berate her
> for her transgression. No amount of explanation by her or her friends, who
> came to see what was going on, would convince the Knight that no offense
> was intended, that she was not trying to portray herself as a squire and
> that the only reason the belt was being worn in its unfinished state was
> that it was the only one she had on site as her plain brown belt had been
> accidentally been left at home.  None of this mattered to the Knight who
> continued his forceful reprimand for several minutes.

and this *honorless*, petty, bully of a individual actually was awarded
knighthood!

to my mind such public actions by a member of the peerage are totally out
of bounds and should immediately result in censure by the individuals circle
of peers and at very least a public apology to the lady in question and all
others involved.

it was always my understanding that the peerage was supposed to
represent the best of us ... actions such as these show the worst.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves