ANST - Was Sumpt. Laws Now Belt Stories...

jhartel jhartel at net-link.net
Tue Oct 20 15:38:32 PDT 1998

MofLGM at aol.com wrote:

> > Several years ago ...
> >
> > .. body of story trimmed
  The Knight apparently agreed with this argument and thence.....

To which j'lynn replied something like:
> and this *honorless*, petty, bully of a individual actually was awarded
> knighthood!

Similar story happened to a lady I knew years ago.  At Hector and
Rowan's 2nd (I believe) coronation.  Only this time the knight did not
do the chastising himself, he sent his squire over to do it for him.
Needless to say the lady politely informed the squire that 1)she was
relatively new to the SCA (this being her 3rd event)and did not know of
the ruling, 2)her thin, handknotted belt was "ecru" and not a "true
white" and 3)that since she was in no way pretending to be a knight nor
passing hersef off as one that he, the squire, could tell his knight to
get "stuffed" unless he had the honor and courage to address her
himself.  Well a very flustered squire left and was never approached by
the knight. Several times throughout the day the lady was sent very
nasty glances by the knight but all she did was smile and wave at him.

Fortunately, this and the other stories are NOT in the majority.

Moriel***