ANST - Teachers

Rick Drake rdrake at okom.net
Mon Oct 26 13:48:19 PST 1998

 but
>perhaps a Kendo Black Belt should automatically be considered for
>Squiredom or a Class B fencer become a Cadet.  The point is that I have
>seen some people who have "Paid Their Dues" in "Real Life" be turned
>away from participation because they don't want to "start over".

Well being that neither of these "titles" carry any rank or stature with
them other than to relate a student/teacher status I don't know that that
would be appropriate.  The other problem that I have with that is that those
skills while helpfull do not seem to translate well into SCA style combat
skills.    Also these skills confer absolutely nothing along the line of
other skills needed to obtain knight/don status.
Maybe a person should be able to put aside his "real-life" and just enjoy
living the dream and work his skills up and gain accolades from the bottom
like everyone.  If the person has significant skills in real life then those
would help him advance that much faster.
Ainar Magnusson