ANST - Running a tavern

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Sep 1 11:15:23 PDT 1998

At 12:39 PM 9/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I have been asked what it takes to run a tavern and sell alcohol at
>permitted sites in Texas.
>Has anybody investigated this?
>
>Thanks.
>In Service,
>

>Krzysztof Kopernik                                Clan Firefall
>(mka  Eric Sims)                                     Barony of Elfsea
>Virtual Scribe, Kingdom of Ansteorra

The short and sweet answer is no.
The SCA and /or its local groups cannot run taverns that sell any alcoholic
beverages, this is a policy decision.
The process is very complicated and requires that the independent "tavern"
have a mundane liquor license to sell.  When you add in the requirements of
the Local and State regulators it becomes almost impossible.
If you have any further questions contact me directly.

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald, OP
Kingdom Seneschal for Ansteorra
Baron of Wiesenfeuer
mka Burke McCrory