ANST - brew as prizes

Tue Sep 8 06:42:39 PDT 1998

> > In Oklahoma, if you have a permit (free from the Alcoholic Beverage Laws
> > Enforcement Commission), you may lawfully produce 200 gallons of
> Cider/Wine
> > for the use of self, family and guests.
>
> I am still invesitaging this from ABLE. I contacted both them and TABC
> in order to clarify several issues. I have already heard back from TABC,
> and hope to hear back from ABLE soon.
>
> As well, I am confused by the free permit since on their website I
> thought the cheapest permit you could obtain was $15. This form did not
> cover home brew, but did cover charity games employees/managers and
> alcohol beverage employee/agent/manufacturer agent. Hopefully I will
> know more soon though. Their website was very sparse of "real"
> information,
> but it can be found at www.able.state.ok.us.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Phelim "Pug" Gervase  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is
> something

I know about the Oklahoma Wine and Cider permit from first-hand experience a
little over a year ago, my wife applied and got one.

There is a form you are required to fill out and have notarized, which is
then sent to the ABLE Commission.  They issue a form letter permit which is
valid for a period of one year from the date of issuance.  At the time we
applied, the permit cost nothing more than the notary fees.

If the permit you were looking at covers charity games managers/employees
and alcohol beverage employee/agent/manufacture, then you were looking at
commercial permit information.  The Wine and Cider permit is specifically
non-commercial for the home consumption of the license holder, family and
guests.

Let me see if I can get a copy of the application for you.

Bear